Assessment for Admission (AFA)
New engineering professionals who need to register with IEPNG will firstly undergo this assessment. Here, the person is applying to be registered and to become a member of IEPNG for the first time to one or more of the PERB competence based registers and/or IEPNG membership classes. This involves a knowledge assessment unless you hold the appropriate exemplar qualification where evidence is presented by way of work samples. If evidence is weak, the panel may require a face-to-face Interview/discussion with the applicant.
The portfolio of evidence from engineering professionals applying for Assessment For Admission must be presented in the following five (5) forms:
- CA01 – Application form for assessment for admission to a Professional Register of PERB and / or Membership category to IEPNG.
- CA03 – competence self-review form - this is a key document as it gives Assessors examples of evidence where you consider you show you meet the various requirements of the relevant standard.
- CA04 – work history summary form - you can send in a ‘detailed CV‘ (i.e., a CV that you‘d use for a job-search, so long as it contains the same type of information requested by the CA04 form).
- CA05 – CPD summary form for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities covering the last four (3) years.
- CA06 – Referee Declaration and Evaluation form which your referees complete and submit directly to IEPNG.
Continued Registration Assessment (CRA)
Used to retain/renew registration again on a current-competence register. These involves a knowledge assessment unless you hold the appropriate exemplar qualification where evidence is presented by way of work samples. If evidence is weak, the panel may require a face-to-face interview/discussion with the candidate. CRAs are required at intervals not exceeding 3 years. That means a Professional engineer MUST undertake the Competence Assessment every three (3) years to remain on the Register.